Winston-Salem Work Zone Accident Lawyer
Skilled Work Zone Accident Lawyers in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
When you are driving and see one of those signs that says there is ‘road work ahead’ and there will be ‘trucks entering the roadway’ you should pay attention. Most work zone fatality accidents involve trucks. The rate of work zone fatality accidents involving trucks has more than doubled since 2010. According to workzonesafety.org, there were 115,000 work zone crashes in 2019 resulting in 39,000 injured persons and 842 fatalities. Almost 57 percent of the fatalities occurred in construction work zones. Vehicle drivers and passengers are the majority of those who do not survive. If you were injured in a work zone accident call our Winston-Salem work zone accident lawyers today at (336) 723-4500.
The Winston-Salem work zone accident lawyers at Nagle & Associates, P.A. know that work zones can be dangerous with people trying to work right next to people too often in a hurry to get where they’re going. If you were injured in a work zone accident, we can help.
Trust Your Work Zone Accident to Nagle & Associates, P.A.
After an accident, you may not know how to choose the right attorney or law firm to handle your claim. Let us help you make that very important decision. At our law firm:
- We are easy to work with – Our firm makes you the priority. We understand you’ve been through a lot and you’re hurting. We care and we want to help you recover.
- We know what we’re doing – We only handle serious injury accidents involving motor vehicles. It’s all we’ve done for over 20 years.
- We don’t take too much – We only charge 25 percent (standard is 33 percent) and we only get paid if you do.
How a Work Zone Accident Attorney Can Help You
A work zone accident attorney is familiar with work zone accidents – how they’re caused and how to put together a successful claim for recovery after one. An attorney will know how to investigate the accident in order to prove you were not at fault. Work zone accident attorneys will know the kinds of evidence that you need to establish your injuries and how you should be compensated for them. An experienced work zone accident attorney also knows who to contact after an accident and how the claims process works.
Tips to Help You Stay Safe While Traveling Through a Work Zone
When you are on the road and see that you’re coming up on a work zone, you should immediately pay attention to the road signs in case they are directing you to do something and slow down a bit so you can assess the situation with time to react as necessary. There is going to be activity in and around the road that does not usually occur. Until you understand exactly what is going on you need to proceed with caution and be aware of people and vehicles that may be in or entering the road. Forget how late you are or how long it might take to get through the road work. Make safety the priority and don’t let yourself become distracted.
- Check your route ahead of time – If you are not familiar with the road, a quick check as to whether there is work going on will give you an awareness of what to expect and make you more likely to be prepared for any delays.
- Pay attention to traffic signs and signals – As you come upon signs indicating there is road work ahead make sure you follow the directions – slowing down or moving to a particular lane.
- Be especially aware of other traffic – Make sure you can see traffic up ahead so you know if other cars are slowing down. You want to give other motorists plenty of space in case they have to take sudden action.
- Avoid distractions – Resist the temptation to adjust the radio or look at that text or brush the crumbs off your shirt until you are through the work zone and have passed the sign that says ‘end road work’. You can’t know exactly what to expect and you need to be ready for anything.
- Give everyone lots of space – The more space between your vehicle and anything else, the more time to react if something unexpected should happen.
Contact Our Work Zone Accident Attorneys Today
Being cautious when driving through a work zone will help alert you to potential risks that might be present and could result in an accident. But it cannot guarantee that you will avoid all accidents, as you are not able to control the behavior of others.
When you are injured in a work zone accident, you want a competent representative who can advocate successfully on your behalf. The Winston-Salem work zone accident lawyers at Nagle & Associates, P.A. have the experience and proven track record to get you the compensation you are entitled to. Click here to contact us for a free consultation or call our office at (336) 723-4500.