Winston-Salem Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Persons who have experienced catastrophic injuries in a motor vehicle accident have been hurt badly enough that the injuries have changed their lives significantly. Those injured will likely never again know the same life they had only moments before the crash. Catastrophic injuries cause long-term or permanent impairments or disabilities. Settlements in these types of cases will be large because catastrophic injuries are so severe and the impact is so damaging to the person injured. Speak with an experienced catastrophic injury attorney at Nagle & Associates, P.A. today by calling (336) 723-4500.
The Winston-Salem catastrophic injury lawyers at Nagle & Associates, P.A. fight hard to get as much as possible on behalf of our clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries.
Why You Want Nagle & Associates, P.A. on Your Side
When it comes to recovering compensation for catastrophic injuries, you need to work with a firm that understands the nature of your injuries and can convince an insurance company or jury how they will continue to impact you into the future. When you hire Nagle & Associates, P.A., you can rest assured that your attorney has a:
- Practice devoted exclusively to serious injury motor vehicle accidents – This is all we do – and we are very good at it.
- Extensive knowledge of catastrophic injuries – We understand the medical complexity of these injuries and know how to convincingly explain the devastation they cause.
- Proven track record of success – We are forceful on behalf of our clients and have been able to obtain over $400 million to compensate for the damages they have suffered.
How a Catastrophic Injury Attorney Will Help You Win Your Case
The stakes are quite high when catastrophic injuries are being claimed. To recover compensation for your injuries, you must not be at fault for the accident. Proving the extent of the injuries and translating the damage into compensation requires complex medical knowledge and negotiation skills. An insurance company is often facing the prospect of a huge payout when catastrophic injuries occur and claims adjusters will try to limit those payments as much as possible. An experienced attorney will anticipate insurance company objections and be able to put together the evidence necessary so you can collect the maximum you are entitled to.
Damages You Can Recover After a Catastrophic Injury Accident
If you were in a motor vehicle accident and suffered catastrophic injuries, you may need ongoing medical treatment or be at risk for developing additional health-related problems. You may be in pain. You may not be able to work at the same job or you may not be able to work at all. Your plans for your life may now not be possible. All of these circumstances are taken into consideration when determining the total amount of compensation you will receive. You are entitled to be compensated for the following types of damage.
- Actual medical expenses – the cost for medical treatment you have already received
- Anticipated medical expenses – the expected cost of medical treatment you are going to require in the future
- Lost income – actual money you were not able to earn due to your injuries
- Lost ability to earn income – what you could have expected to earn had you been able to remain on the same career path as before the accident
- Pain & suffering – for having to feel actual physical pain
- Mental anguish – your emotional response to how your life experience has changed
- Losses others will experience because of your injuries – such as loss of companionship and support
An additional element of damage can be awarded if the party responsible for your injuries has acted especially badly. Punitive damages are in addition to the damages that compensate you. They are intended to punish the wrongdoer and deter any similar behavior in the future. North Carolina law is specific about the kinds of behavior that might trigger punitive damages and limits the amounts that can be awarded.
Contact Nagle & Associates, P.A. Today
Catastrophic injuries are life-altering and often require a lot of resources to accommodate for what you have lost. You cannot afford to be represented by anyone who does not have the expertise to recognize the extent of what has happened and how it will impact your life into the future.
The Winston-Salem catastrophic injury attorneys at Nagle & Associates, P.A. handle serious injury motor vehicle accidents every day. We know how the injuries can affect you and what they mean to the rest of your life. We are passionate about seeing our clients get as much back as the law will allow and not afraid to be aggressive with insurance companies to make that happen. Schedule your free consultation by calling (336) 723-4500 or click here to leave your contact information and we will get back to you promptly.