Winston-Salem Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Professional Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Those who love to ride motorcycles will tell you that the benefits they get from riding outweigh the risks of getting into an accident. But the truth remains that the chances of getting into an accident are far greater for motorcycles than for other motor vehicles. The damage to both the bike and the rider is usually quite severe. The only protection for those aboard a motorcycle is what they are wearing and they are very likely to be thrown from the bike when an accident occurs. The injuries can be serious and other motorists will often try to attribute some responsibility for the accident to the motorcycle driver. The Winston-Salem motorcycle accident attorneys at Nagle & Associates know that it’s crucial we prove our clients are not at fault for causing the accident that resulted in their injuries.
Why Nagle & Associates Should Represent You
As an avid motorcycle enthusiast, firm principal Carl Nagle is passionate about riding and understands the risks that motorcycle drivers face on the roads.
- Motor vehicle injury accidents only – Our firm handles only serious injury motor vehicle accidents. We know the accidents. We know the injuries. We know the damages.
- Handle complex injury cases – We have comprehensive knowledge of complex injuries that may result in disability or long-term medical treatment.
- Access/availability – We are here for you. Our after-hours answering service will take your calls 24/7. You can meet with us at one of our seven office locations throughout the state or we will come to you – at no charge.
How a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
A good motorcycle accident attorney knows how to establish fault on the part of another driver and fully understands the nature of potential injuries and how to translate damages into dollars.
- Investigate accident and determine cause – Determining who caused a motorcycle accident is very important because in North Carolina if you have any fault for the accident, you cannot recover for your injuries.
- Anticipate the actions of insurance companies – Attorneys who handle motor vehicle accident cases are very familiar with insurance company claims practices and know what proof insurance companies need to pay claims.
- Able to formulate a compelling argument – An attorney is trained to use the law on your behalf in a way most favorable to getting you the results you want.
Tips to Help You Avoid a Serious Motorcycle Accident
As you may have heard, the best offense is usually a good defense. The best way for you to avoid or minimize a motorcycle accident is to do all that you can to protect yourself by practicing safe riding habits and always being very attentive to road conditions.
- Know how to handle the bike – Make sure that you are familiar with handling the bike through various maneuvers you might have to do in traffic. If you’re new to motorcycle riding, taking a basic skills course is a good idea.
- Wear the appropriate gear – In an accident, there is very little between you and the road – or a tree – or the semi – so your clothing choices become very important. North Carolina requires all aboard a motorcycle to wear a helmet. It’s also a wise plan to wear protective clothing over your arms and legs as well as sturdy shoes.
- Drive for the conditions – If the weather is bad it may be better not to ride. But if you must, then go easy. Understand you are taking a greater risk and drive accordingly. If you’re unfamiliar with a road, you’ve got to pay more attention because road conditions might change quickly and unexpectedly. Keep your speed relative to other motorists on the road.
- Assume other motorists may not see you – Motorcycles are quite small compared to other vehicles and can be lost in a blind spot or blocked from sight by another car. Try to make yourself as visible as possible and allow enough space to take evasive action if necessary.
- Don’t drive impaired – The statistics show that alcohol or other substances that impair judgment and motor skills do not mix well with driving a motorcycle. You should never do it.
Safe practices will certainly help reduce the risk of motorcycle accidents, but unfortunately, accidents will still occur. Not every situation can be anticipated. And mistakes will happen. If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, at least you don’t have to worry about finding competent representation for your injury claim.
Contact Nagle & Associates for Legal Assistance Today
At Nagle & Associates, our Winston-Salem motorcycle accident attorneys will handle your claim from start to finish – keeping you in the loop and getting you results. Our fee is 8 percent less than most attorneys charge and you don’t pay unless we win. Click here to contact us for a free consultation so we can answer all your questions or call us at 888-826-0393.