Winston-Salem Car Accident Attorney
Most people don’t think about getting into an accident when they hop in their cars and head out into the world. The fact is that you risk getting into an accident every time you get into your car. And while many accidents are fender benders with minor injuries, some are very serious and cause death or severely debilitating injuries. When someone is involved in a life-threatening car accident the stakes are higher. You will likely be going after a bigger recovery and you may experience a lot of resistance from the insurance company on the other side. You need an advocate that knows every move the insurance company is going to make and is ready with an answer. You want to work with someone who understands what it takes to successfully negotiate a settlement or persuade a jury.
For the past 20 years, the Winston-Salem car accident attorneys at Nagle & Associates have focused their practice exclusively on representing those who are seriously injured in car accidents. Their legal team includes former insurance adjusters and they work with some of the best medical experts in the state.
Why Nagle & Associates Should Represent You in a Serious Car Accident Case
We don’t try to be all things to all people. We represent those who have been injured in accidents with motor vehicles. It’s all we do.
- Our practice is limited to motor vehicle accidents – Limiting our practice allows us to become very experienced in finding the best ways to achieve successful results for our clients.
- We know who we’re up against – Before deciding to exclusively represent those seeking recovery from an insurance company, Carl Nagle first worked as an insurance adjuster and later as an attorney defending the insurance company.
- We get results – We have recovered over $500 million on behalf of our clients throughout North Carolina in the last 20 years.
How an Attorney Can Help Your Car Accident Personal Injury Claim
An experienced car accident injury attorney has the knowledge and network to make a stronger claim on your behalf.
- An attorney knows the claims process – Attorneys who handle car accident claims are familiar with insurance company claims tactics and make sure adjusters don’t wrongfully deny or undervalue claims.
- Access to experts – There can be issues as to who caused the accident or the nature of your injuries may be complex and require expertise to explain and be understood. Attorneys will know the types of experts you need to establish facts important to proving your case.
- You won’t have to deal with it – Your attorney will make the calls, provide the documentation, handle the investigation, negotiate with the insurance company, and make court appearances if necessary.
- No money upfront – In personal injury cases, most attorneys offer free consultations and take an agreed-on percentage of your recovery —or nothing if you don’t recover
Dealing With the Aftermath of a Serious Car Accident
A serious car accident will leave your car badly damaged or totaled. You will have suffered injuries that are going to require extensive or ongoing medical treatment. You have missed time from work – or maybe you can no longer work at the same type of job. Your recovery may include some limitations that you did not have prior to the accident. There may be the potential that your injuries will progress and future medical care will be required. There may be more questions than answers. You want help from someone who understands what you are going through and knows how to get you what you need so that you can concentrate on healing.
Serious Injuries from Car Accidents in North Carolina
In 2020, there were fewer crashes on North Carolina roads than there had been since 2014. However, crash fatalities rose to the highest level since 2007. According to recent data collected by the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), most of the serious injuries resulting from car accidents happen to the driver. Apart from death, the NCDOT classifies the following injuries to be of a serious nature.
- severe laceration resulting in significant loss of blood
- broken arms and legs
- crush injuries
- significant skull, chest, or abdominal injuries
- 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 10% of the body
- loss of consciousness
Why Establishing Fault Is a Big Deal in North Carolina Car Accidents
North Carolina is one of only a few states that does not allow persons injured in car crashes to recover for their injuries if they are found to have had any fault in causing the accident. Unlike most other states that allow for partial recovery when an injured person has some fault for an accident, this is a strict – sometimes almost punitive – rule that denies any recovery for the injured party that has even 1 percent fault for an accident. Therefore, it is crucial that you are able to establish that you have no responsibility for the accident. If you think you might be even a tiny bit at fault, you need to contact an attorney right away to find out if you have any options that will allow you to recover.
Turn to Us for Help After a Serious Car Accident
If you were in a serious car accident you probably did not get a chance to do much of your own investigating at the accident scene. You may have been taken straight to the hospital by an ambulance and don’t know much about what went on after you left. You are going to need help putting together the evidence that was collected at the scene so you can prove your claim.
Soon you will be contacted by both your own insurance company and the companies representing the other people involved. You are vulnerable. The insurance companies know this. Their claims adjusters are encouraged to settle claims quickly and for as little as possible. If you speak with an insurance adjuster, you may unknowingly provide information that may be used to discredit your claim.
As a client of Nagle & Associates, we won’t let that happen. Once an insurance company knows that we are working on your behalf, they will have to back off. Having experience working on the insurance side, our Winston-Salem car accident attorneys know how adjusters try to settle claims. As your advocate, our goal is to identify every possible avenue of recovery for you and work to maximize the compensation you receive. Before you talk with any insurance company about the accident, click here to contact us for a free consultation or call our Winston-Salem office at 888-826-0393 so we can go to work for you.