Winston-Salem Truck Accident Attorney
Accidents that involve passenger vehicles and trucks tend to end up a whole lot worse for those in the passenger vehicles. A loaded semi-truck can weigh 80,000 pounds or more compared to a passenger vehicle weighing 3,000 – 6,000 pounds. Injuries and property damage can be severe and costly. When you are seriously injured in a truck accident in North Carolina, you need to hire a law firm that knows exactly how to prove the truck driver’s fault and get you the maximum available compensation for your damages. The Winston-Salem truck accident attorneys at Nagle & Associates, P.A. are the competent and experienced advocates you want on your side. Call us today at (336) 723-4500.
Why Work with Nagle & Associates, P.A.?
Nagle & Associates, P.A. is a boutique vehicle accident injury firm that only handles injury claims arising from motor vehicle accidents.
- Depth of knowledge – Our legal team not only knows the law relating specifically to truck accidents, but we also have former insurance company employees on staff. This allows us to build solid claims for our clients that insurance companies can’t argue with.
- We make it about you – Because we represent only clients who have been injured in vehicle accidents we take the time to get to know everything about you – before the accident, after the accident, and looking toward your future. We understand that each claim, like each person, is completely unique and we are committed to getting you the results you need.
- You keep more money – We know that money won’t be able to completely make up for the losses you have experienced, but having plenty will certainly help you afford the resources you may need to care for yourself throughout your life. Our settlement fee of 25% is well below the industry standard 33%.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
You might be tempted to handle your claim without an attorney. Here is why you might want to reconsider.
- A truck accident attorney deals with insurance companies and trucking companies all the time and knows the ins and outs of making and proving claims.
- In most cases, your lawyer is only paid if you receive a settlement for your claim so you aren’t out any money and you have a skilled professional negotiating on your behalf.
- A serious injury accident is a traumatic event in your life and you need to be able to direct your focus on your recovery without the added stress of trying to manage your claim.
What are the Causes of Most Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents cause some of the most serious injuries and extensive property damage that can occur on the roads. For this reason, anyone might get a bit nervous when they have to pass one of the big rigs on the highway or see that massive grill plate looming ever larger in the rearview mirror. While drivers of commercial trucks do need special training and credentials, the reasons trucks end up in crashes is rarely due to lack of proper driving skills. According to the most recent data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the top 10 reasons that large trucks crash is due mostly to unsafe driving behaviors and errors in judgment.
- distraction or inattention
- failure to yield right of way
- drug, alcohol, fatigue or other impairment
- careless driving
- lane drifting
- limited visibility
- failure to obey traffic laws
- following too close
The drivers of the big trucks make some of the same driving mistakes that all drivers may make from time to time. The problem is that when a truck driver makes a mistake, the consequences can be vastly more destructive.
At Nagle & Associates, P.A., our Winston-Salem truck accident lawyers have seen the devastation truck accidents can cause and we know how to investigate and prove the truck driver was responsible for causing the crash. We also present a detailed description of your life both before and after the accident making sure you get the maximum compensation you need now and into the future. If you have been in a serious truck accident you need representation by lawyers who know how to win. Contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or call our office at (336) 723-4500.