Skip to Content

Winston-Salem Child Car Accident Injuries Attorney

Compassionate Child Car Accident Injury Attorneys in Winston-Salem, North Carolina

Winston-Salem Child Car Accident Injuries Attorney Having a child seriously injured or killed in a car accident is one of the most painful feelings a parent can experience. It stings the soul. You want to do anything and all you can do to somehow make things better for your child. You want to take it all back. You would do anything to trade places. And maybe you don’t care right now about going after the person or persons responsible. But the law gives you a way you can help your child. By making sure your child has the resources to provide for whatever circumstances he or she now must face, you ease the burden on both yourself and your child. Call the Winston-Salem child car accident injuries attorneys at Nagle & Associates, P.A. today at (336) 723-4500.

For over 20 years, Nagle & Associates, P.A. has helped hundreds of families dealing with the pain and loss caused by motor vehicle accidents. Our child car accident injury attorneys have obtained millions of dollars that our clients can use to provide the best care for their injured children.

Nagle & Associates, P.A. Knows Car Accidents Change Lives

We have seen first-hand how insurance companies are not interested in helping injured persons receive all the compensation they need to recover as fully as possible. That’s not acceptable to us. At Nagle & Associates, P.A.:

  • We’re good at what we do – Not only have we done this for a long time, but it’s all we do. We only advocate on behalf of those seriously injured or killed in motor vehicle accidents.
  • We know how the other guys think – Defending insurance claims for years, Carl Nagle didn’t like the way the company’s bottom line became more important than helping people. Now we use his inside knowledge to help our clients.
  • We don’t take back too much of what we get for you – We understand this was your loss. We work as hard as we can on your behalf and want you to keep more of the compensation you were awarded. Our fee is about 8 percent less than the industry standard.

Why Having a Child Car Accident Injury Attorney is Important

Motor vehicle accidents involving a child are more complicated than a typical personal injury claim made by an adult. Because the law does not consider persons under 18 years of age to have the same legal capacity as persons 18 or over, there are special rules that govern how a minor may recover compensation for personal injuries. The laws are more forgiving regarding a minor’s contribution to the circumstances causing the minor’s injuries. And the courts take an active role in making sure that a child’s interests have been adequately considered and provided for. An attorney experienced in handling car accidents involving children is going to know the type of claim to file, when to file it, and how to obtain the kind of settlement that will meet with court approval.

Child Car Accident Injury Claims in North Carolina

When a child under 18 years is injured in a motor vehicle accident it can give rise to two separate claims.

  1. Claim by parents or legal guardians – A parent or legal guardian has a claim for reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses that were paid on behalf of an injured child – typically medical expenses.
  2. Claim by the injured minor child – The injured child has a personal injury claim for the damages caused by the responsible party – including future medical expenses and pain & suffering.

The parent or guardian must make their claim within a limited amount of time after the accident. The minor’s right to make a claim is preserved until a period of time after he or she turns 18 unless the claim is made on the minor’s behalf before that time.

If a personal injury lawsuit is filed on behalf of a minor child the court will appoint a third party – possibly a family member or other independent professional – to act as Guardian Ad Litem and protect the best interests of the child.

Any settlement made on behalf of a minor child must have court approval or risk being later overturned when the minor reaches 18 and challenges it. The settlement proceeds are also protected so that they remain available for the minor and can be distributed as appropriate once the child becomes an adult.

Contact Our Child Car Accident Injury Lawyer

The Winston-Salem child car accident injuries attorneys at Nagle & Associates, P.A. know how much emotional stress parents are under when their child has been injured. Our job is to relieve some of that pressure by securing for our clients’ families the funds they require to take care of the immediate and future needs of their injured child. Learn more about how we can help by clicking here to schedule a free consultation or call our office at (336) 723-4500.