Raleigh Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Experienced Rideshare Accident Attorneys Serving Raleigh, NC
Ridesharing in Raleigh is a popular and convenient way to travel, but accidents are a common occurrence. When someone is severely injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, they should secure compensation, but it isn’t always clear who is liable. Our Raleigh rideshare accident lawyer at Nagle & Associates, P.A., is here to help. Call (919) 433-0035 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation today.
Why Choose Our Raleigh Rideshare Accident Lawyer?
- We have recovered more than $500 million in compensation for North Carolina residents severely injured in auto accidents.
- Carl Nagle, our firm’s founder, has experience as a former insurance adjuster and defense attorney, giving us a unique advantage when pursuing maximum compensation for your claim.
- Our Raleigh personal injury lawyers have worked with the top doctors in the state and understand what medical expertise evidence you need to obtain a favorable outcome.
Why You Need a Raleigh Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Liability in rideshare accidents can be incredibly complicated. It usually requires extensive investigation by an experienced rideshare attorney who has the resources necessary to handle the case. Your attorney will work to obtain all the evidence needed to support your claim and prove you are not at all responsible. North Carolina follows the doctrine of contributory negligence. If an insurer or a jury determines you are at all at fault for your accident, even if it is only one percent, then you cannot recover compensation for your injuries. A Raleigh rideshare accident lawyer has a thorough understanding of the applicable laws and how to ensure you are fairly compensated.
Who is Liable in a Rideshare Accident?
A common question after a rideshare accident, whether you are a passenger or another driver, is who is liable for damages. The answer is highly dependent upon the circumstances of the crash and who caused it.
When the Rideshare Driver is At Fault
If the Uber or Lyft driver is at fault for your accident, either their company’s auto insurance or their personal insurance will cover damages. Both Uber and Lyft have company liability policies that cover up to a maximum of $1 million in damages. Still, their policies will only kick in if the driver is considered to have been working at the time of the crash.
Uber Insurance Coverage
- Uber App is Off: Only the driver’s private insurance will apply to the accident.
- The App is On, and the Driver is “Available”: Uber’s contingent liability coverage applies, but only to the losses sustained by others who were injured or had their property damaged. This includes up to $100,000 for injuries ($50,000 per person) and $25,000 for property damage. The Uber driver must access their personal policy for their own injuries or vehicle damage.
- Driver Has Accepted a Ride or Until Passenger is Dropped Off: Uber’s $1 million applies.
Lyft Insurance Coverage: Lyft has very similar insurance policies to Uber, and they apply in the following scenarios:
- Lyft App is Off: Only the driver’s private insurance will apply to the accident.
- Lyft Driver is Waiting for a Match: Only the driver’s private insurance will apply to the accident unless their insurance company refuses to cover it. In that situation, Lyft’s policy will apply, which provides $50,000 per person, $100,000 per accident, and $25,000 for property damage.
- Driver Has Accepted a Trip or Until Passenger is Dropped Off: Lyft’s $1 million policy will apply to the collision.
Get Help From a Skilled Raleigh Rideshare Accident Lawyer
If you have been severely harmed in a rideshare accident, our Raleigh car accident attorneys will help you hold the responsible parties accountable. Call Nagle & Associates, P.A. at (919) 433-0035 or contact us online for your free consultation today.