Raleigh Injured by Drunk Driver Attorney
Drunk driving is a serious issue in Raleigh and one of the leading causes of fatal accidents in the country. If a drunk driver has injured you, we are prepared to seek full and fair compensation on your behalf. Call the Raleigh personal injury attorneys at Nagle & Associates, P.A. today for a free consultation at (919) 433-0035, so we can discuss the best way to proceed with your case.
Why Choose Our Raleigh Drunk Driving Accident Attorney?
- Our founder Carl Nagle is a former insurance adjuster and attorney, giving a unique approach to each case that has allowed us to recover over $400 million for our clients.
- We are determined to provide superior representation for our clients and offer our services at one of the lowest fees in the industry.
- We work on a contingency fee basis for clients injured by drunk drivers— so there is no money required upfront or out-of-pocket.
How a Lawyer Can Help
An experienced Raleigh injured by drunk driver lawyer will protect your rights and take the steps necessary to best represent your interests. Some of which include:
- Making sure the accident is thoroughly investigated and documented.
- Determining all liable parties.
- Negotiating a settlement agreement with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit to secure compensation if a settlement cannot be reached.
As the victim of an accident, you may face lost wages, unmanageable medical bills, vehicle repair bills, out-of-pocket expenses, and a mountain of complicated insurance claims. During such a difficult time in your life, you can take comfort in knowing someone is working tirelessly to obtain justice for you.
Common Injuries in Drunk Driving Accidents
Injuries sustained from drunk driving accidents tend to be severe and commonly include:
- Head Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Internal Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Loss of Limbs
- Wrongful Death
These types of trauma can cause irreparable damage to you physically, as well as diminish your quality of life, especially if lifelong care is required.
Potentially Liable Parties for a Drunk Driving Accident
The majority of the blame for a drunk driving accident will fall on the intoxicated driver, who will also likely face criminal charges. However, they may not be the only party responsible. North Carolina has a dram shop law, making it unlawful to knowingly sell alcohol to an intoxicated person (N.C.G.S. § 18B-305(a)). In other words, if a vendor knows a customer is drunk and sells them alcohol or should have known the customer was intoxicated, the vendor can be held liable for the harm done to third parties by an intoxicated customer. Potentially liable vendors include but are not limited to:
- Bar or restaurant owners
- Servers and bartenders
- Night clubs
- Security staff at bars and clubs
- Managers of establishments serving alcohol
- The drunk driver’s employer
North Carolina employs the harsh doctrine of contributory negligence, which often results in unfair and unreasonable outcomes for victims. Under this rule, if it is determined that a plaintiff (victim) is also at fault for their accident, no matter how minor or insignificant, they are completely barred from recovering compensation. In essence, the defendant (at-fault party) is not liable unless they are 100% to blame.
Contact Us For Help
North Carolina laws related to drunk driving accidents are complicated, and without excellent legal representation, you may not be sufficiently compensated for your severe injuries. Schedule your free case evaluation today, online, or by calling our Raleigh car accident attorneys at (919) 433-0035.