Raleigh Injured on Public Transportation Lawyer
When accidents happen involving a large bus or train, the resulting injuries can be catastrophic or even fatal. Public transportation agencies have a legal duty to keep their passengers and the public safe. If they fail to do so and you are injured, you may be entitled to compensation.
It is critical to promptly contact an experienced Raleigh public transportation accident lawyer to discuss your case. Our Raleigh car accident lawyers offer free consultations; call Nagle & Associates, P.A. at (919) 433-0035 today.
Why Nagle & Associates, P.A. is the Right Choice For You
- Our firm’s founder is a former insurance adjuster and defense attorney, giving us greater insight into the inner workings of the insurance process and how to pursue maximum compensation.
- We have worked with some of the top medical professionals in the state and understand the medical expertise needed to obtain a favorable outcome to your claim.
- We have recovered over $500 million in compensation on behalf of North Carolina clients and offer skilled representation at a much lower fee than the industry standard.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Public transportation accidents tend to involve multiple parties that are potentially liable, including the driver or operator, the transit authority, third-party maintenance providers, and others. An attorney that regularly handles these types of cases will be able to determine which parties can be held responsible for your damages and guide you through your claim. Some public transportation cases can be challenging to prove. Take, for example, an abrupt stop injury. The victim will need to demonstrate that it was not a routine stop but unexpected and not necessary. In this case, an attorney’s resources to investigate and collect the essential evidence will be vital.
When it comes to navigating the legal system, a Raleigh injured in public transportation attorney can advise you on whether your claim must go through an insurance company or be filed with other parties such as local government or a school district, as well as how long you have to pursue compensation.
Common Types of Public Transportation Accidents
With tens of thousands of people sharing the road and railways daily in Raleigh, transportation accidents are a serious risk. Here are some of the most common types that occur:
- Bus Accidents: There are more than 30 routes in Raleigh’s bus system, called GoRaleigh, a historical trolley line, the downtown R-Line, two loop lines that serve the Wake Forest University campus, and the Wolfline for North Carolina State University Campus. Not to mention school buses, charter buses, and airport buses. Raleigh bus accidents can occur as a result of inclement weather, improper maintenance or failure to replace faulty parts.
- Train Accidents: Derailments or collisions with other vehicles or objects can have disastrous and sometimes fatal results. They commonly happen due to driver or operator negligence, operator fatigue, or mechanical failure.
- Taxi / Limo / Shuttle Accidents: Like any other car accident, a collision in a taxi, limo, or shuttle can cause serious injuries. Many of these accidents are caused by dangerous driving, such as speeding or failing to obey stop signs or traffic signals.
Not all public transportation accidents are horrific. In some cases, for example, a passenger may suffer a severe injury if they are let off a bus in front of a pothole or other dangerous location.