Skip to Content

How Do I Get Compensation After A Hit and Run Accident In North Carolina

How Do I Get Compensation After A Hit and Run Accident In North Carolina

Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime. A hit and run accident lawyer from Nagle & Associates, P.A. in Greensboro will sit down with you and talk about your case, investigate every detail, and track down any possible witnesses. We will help you locate the hit & run driver and we will also deal with insurance companies on your behalf and do our utmost to ensure you receive compensation for your traumatic experience.

Getting Compensation for a Hit and Run Accident

You may think it’s impossible to get compensation fora hit and run. However, our experienced car accident lawyers know how to work with the legal system to get you the financial reparation you deserve for your medical bills, property loss, lost wages, and other pain and suffering.

If the police cannot find the other driver, obviously you can’t find their insurance either. However, in cases where the hit & run driver cannot be identified, you can use Uninsured Motorist (UM) coverage to fund your injury claims. There are three points to consider:

  1. You can use multiple UM policies – In a hit and run case, the injured victim can “stack” and use multiple car insurance policies to collect for injury claims. Available policies include the policy on the car you were riding in PLUS your own car insurance policy PLUS every other car insurance policy that insures any family member who lived with you on the accident date.
  2. Using UM coverage will not raise your family’s premiums – Since the hit & run accident was not your fault, insurance companies will not raise your premiums or cancel your coverage even though you have a right to collect a large amount of money from their UM coverage.
  3. Even though this is “your” coverage, the insurance adjuster will work to minimize your injury claim payments. Expect to fight for a fair settlement. Remember, insurance companies are not your advocate, no matter what their commercials might say. It’s important to consult with a personal injury attorney to ensure you don’t take a lowball settlement that may not cover future bills and expenses. Once you accept a settlement, you won’t be able to ask for more money.

Call a Greensboro Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Today

Carl Nagle is a former insurance claims adjuster who handled hit & run UM claims for the other side. He now only helps accident victims and their families to secure maximum payment for all collision related injury claims. Nagle & Associates, P.A., serving the Greensboro, NC area, prides itself on close personal service and we are committed to helping you prove your case and secure full payment from all available insurance sources. Let us work for you while you take the time to heal. Speak to one of our experienced lawyers today at (800) 411-1583.