Skip to Content

North Carolina What to Do After an Auto Accident Attorney

Phantom Vehicle AccidentNot surprisingly, automobile accidents account for the majority of personal injury claims in the U.S. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), there were 30,057 fatal car accidents in the nation in 2013, 1,188 occurring in North Carolina.

So if you’re in an auto accident in North Carolina, what should you do?

  • Call the police so that an accident report will be generated, even if you don’t think anyone was hurt and there doesn’t appear to be any damage.
  • Exchange personal information with the other driver including name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, license plate number, motor vehicle registration number, and auto insurance information.
  • Call your auto insurance agent to report the accident. Your agent will be able to help you get your vehicle repaired, and also advise you about your auto policy’s medical payments coverage, if you have it, which will cover your medical bills up to a certain amount, according to the provisions of your policy.
  • Don’t move your car until after the police arrive. Keeping the cars in place will preserve evidence as to how the crash happened and who may have caused it.
  • Get examined by a medical doctor, even if you don’t think you were injured. Symptoms of neck, back, and head injuries can worsen without prompt treatment.
  • Don’t speak to any representative of the other driver’s auto insurance company, agree to give a written or recorded statement, and don’t accept any offers from insurance companies without first consulting with a North Carolina auto accident attorney, who will evaluate your damages and help you get a fair settlement.

Contact a Car Accident Attorney in North Carolina Today

If you’ve been in motor vehicle accident, contact the Winston-Salem injury attorneys at Nagle & Associates, P.A. online or call (800) 411-1583 to schedule your free initial case evaluation today.

Continue reading at: What to Do After an Accident (Cont.)