Skip to Content

North Carolina Out Of State Motorist Claims Attorney

North Carolina Out Of State Motorist Claims Attorney

Car Drivers In North CarolinaThe North Carolina auto accident lawyers at Nagle & Associates, P.A. are here to provide you with the answers you need to file an out of state motorist claim. One of the most important things you need to know is that your car insurance follows you when you drive. In other words, your auto insurance will cover you even when you’re driving in another state. Chances are, your auto insurance policy includes a disclaimer that says your coverage is good for anywhere within the U.S. Check your policy if you are unsure where your coverage does and does not apply.

What to Do After an Out of State Car Accident?

The procedure you should follow after an out of state car accident is generally the same as if you were involved in a collision in your home state. You will contact your insurance company or insurance agent and report the claim to them, just as you would at home. One of the major differences is in which claims adjuster is assigned to your case. Depending on the nature of the accident and other factors, you could be assigned a claims adjuster

A) from your home state; OR
B) assigned a claims adjuster in the state your accident took place.

Towing Your Vehicle

After your accident, you may not be able to drive your vehicle. Even if the car is operable, you may want to have it towed to a repair shop to get it fixed as soon as possible. In most cases, your insurance company can make these arrangements, even if you are nowhere near your home state. One of the most common questions we get at Nagle & Associates, P.A. is “Am I covered?” The answer differs significantly from case to case, since everyone has a different insurance policy.

In North Carolina, towing is not listed under the required coverages, so your policy may not include this. Towing and labor costs coverage is an additional coverage that may be added on to your regular policy to cover things like towing and labor costs after a collision.

Common Disputes with Out of State Accidents

A variety of disputes can arise in any type of accident, but disagreements over coverage, fault, liability and more can become even more complex if the accident took place out of state. Below are some of the most common disputes that a North Carolina auto accident attorney at our firm may be able to help you resolve with legal action:

  1. You disagree with the insurance adjuster on who was at fault
  2. You believe that the value of your claim is incorrect
  3. You believe you are owed more money than what was given to you
  4. The facts used to establish/determine the claim are incorrect
  5. The insurance company (your or the other driver’s) acted in bad faith

Retain Nagle & Associates, P.A. for Your Out of State Claim

Were you involved in a car, truck or motorcycle accident out of state? Nagle & Associates, P.A. can help you. In most cases, your coverage follows you wherever you go, meaning you can secure the same coverage as you would had the accident occurred in your home state. Unfortunately, disputes can often arise in these types of collision cases. If you need an attorney for your case, contact Nagle & Associates, P.A. to discuss possible legal action. Free consultations are available!