Wilmington Work Zone Accident Attorney
Professional Work Zone Accident Attorneys in Wilmington, North Carolina
As the nation’s aging roadways creak under the weight of ever-increasing amounts of traffic trying to use them, more work is being done to repair and expand the roads right alongside moving traffic. A work zone is an area of highway where there is construction, maintenance or utility activity taking place. Work zones present a significant risk for drivers moving through the area and workers trying to perform their duties safely. If you have suffered injuries in a work zone, speak with a qualified Wilmington work zone accident attorney from Nagle & Associates, P.A. today by calling (910) 762-2355.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) reported the following statewide work zone crash statistics for the most recent annual period.
- 7,029 work zone crashes
- 30 fatalities
- Most work zone accidents occurred during the day and in good weather
- Speed and distraction were the largest contributing factors
At Nagle & Associates, P.A., we know how important it is to pay attention and slow down when driving through a work zone. Our Wilmington work zone accident attorneys represent those who have been seriously injured in work zone accidents.
What Makes Nagle & Associates, P.A. the Best Choice to Represent You?
We care about getting justice for our clients and we’re very good at what we do.
- Competent and experienced – We only represent people who have been injured in accidents on the road and we’ve been doing it for over 20 years.
- Friendly and compassionate – We take the time to get to know you and your unique situation which helps us to be better advocates for you.
- Convenient and available – We have multiple locations throughout North Carolina and you can call us 24/7.
How Does a Work Zone Accident Attorney Strengthen Your Claim?
For the same reason you don’t fly the plane when you go on vacation, you don’t want to handle your own personal injury claim. An attorney has the knowledge and expertise to get the job done right.
- Knows the law – An attorney will know what law applies and how to apply it to your specific situation
- Knows the process – an attorney is experienced in dealing with other attorneys, insurance companies, and courts
- Knows how to strategize – an attorney will be able to leverage evidence to your best advantage in settlement negotiations
Who is Responsible for a Work Zone Accident?
When you are injured in a work zone accident there may be more than one party legally responsible for your damages. It will depend on what or who caused the accident. Did another motorist ignore the signs to slow down and rear-end you because he couldn’t stop in time? Or were the cones on the road placed in such a way that you couldn’t tell exactly which way you were supposed to turn and a dump truck pulled out in front of you? If more than one party contributed to causing an accident, responsibility will be apportioned according to the percentage of fault attributed to each party.
- The person injured – In North Carolina if the person injured is even 1% liable for causing the accident, any recovery is completely barred.
- Another motorist – If another motorist was not paying attention or failed to obey traffic revisions and it resulted in the accident then the motorist has responsibility.
- The construction company – The company that is in charge of the worksite has to make sure the site is set up properly and that it is clear to motorists what they are to do and when. If the worksite is unsafe or motorists aren’t adequately warned of dangers and directed on how to proceed through the work zone, the company can be held responsible for any accident that occurs as a result. The company is also responsible for any actions taken by its employees that may have contributed to the accident.
If you’re injured in a work zone accident you want to be represented by a lawyer who is experienced in handling your type of case and has a strong record of winning on behalf of clients. At Nagle & Associates, P.A., all we do is represent persons injured in motor vehicle accidents. Our Wilmington work zone accident attorneys have secured over $500 million for our clients. We invite you to come talk to us about your accident before you make any decisions. Click here to schedule a free consultation or call our Wilmington office at (910) 762-2355.