Wilmington Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Skilled Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Wilmington, North Carolina
When you ride a bicycle on the road, there is always a chance that you may be involved in an accident with a motor vehicle. Bicycle riding is on the rise as people choose alternatives to driving. More bikes on the road mean more opportunities for accidents. If you have suffered injuries from a bicycle accident call our Wilmington bicycle accident lawyer today.
Statistics gathered by the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) over a 10-year period show who is most likely to get in a bicycle-motor vehicle crash, where it will happen, and when it will most likely occur.
- Over 70 percent of bicycle-motor vehicle crashes occur in urban areas.
- The majority of serious injury accidents and fatalities occur in rural areas.
- Bicycle riders aged 16-34 are the most likely to get into an accident.
- Riders aged 35-64 are most likely to be seriously injured or killed.
- Over 80 percent of riders involved in bicycle accidents are male.
- About half of the motor vehicle drivers are between 35-64 years old.
- Alcohol impairment is not a significant factor.
- Crashes usually take place during daylight hours on clear days.
- Most accidents happen between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
At Nagle & Associates, P.A., we understand the frustration that many bicycle riders experience while trying to share the road with motor vehicles. Our Wilmington bicycle accident lawyers know roadways are crowded and drivers are often trying to do things that distract them from driving. If you were injured by a motor vehicle while riding your bicycle, contact us to schedule a free case consultation; we can help.
Why Choose Nagle & Associates, P.A.
Bicycle accidents involving motor vehicles have similar issues to other crashes but because of where bicycles must ride and how they communicate with drivers, there are issues unique to bike accidents. At Nagle & Associates, P.A.:
- We know bicycle accidents – For over 20 years we have handled only serious injury claims from accidents with motor vehicles.
- We are aggressive with insurance companies – Carl Nagle is a former insurance company claims adjuster and defense attorney who uses what he learned to maximize client results.
- We do the work before we get paid – You only pay us if we win and our 25 percent payment is considerably less than other law firms charge.
What Does Hiring a Wilmington Bicycle Accident Attorney Get You?
If you hire a good attorney, you get someone who understands issues particular to bicycle and motor vehicle accidents in Wilmington. You get someone who knows what an insurance company is likely to argue and is prepared to offer a compelling response. You get someone who is familiar with the type of injuries you have suffered and knows how those injuries are likely to affect you. You get someone who really takes the time to listen to how your accident has impacted your life and who you can be confident will do the best possible job on your behalf.
How North Carolina Is Working to Make Bicycle Riding Safer
Watch for Me NC began as a pilot program by the NCDOT in 2012. The program partners with local communities to reduce the number of motor vehicle accidents with bicycles and pedestrians. Communities that participate in Watch for Me NC receive additional support in two ways from the NCDOT.
- Messaging and education about traffic safety for pedestrians, bicyclists, and drivers
- Targeted enforcement efforts by local police to increase awareness of traffic safety laws
On average there are more than 850 bicyclists hit by cars in North Carolina each year and about 20 of those accidents result in the death of the cyclist. Bicycle fatality accidents represent about 15 percent of all traffic fatalities annually.
Contact Nagle & Associates, P.A. for Assistance
At Nagle & Associates, P.A., we know that when our communities are more aware of traffic safety and understand why laws are in place, it helps make the roads safer for all users. Our Wilmington bicycle accident attorneys work to make sure motorists who hit bicyclists take full responsibility for the damage and injuries that they cause. If you were injured by a motorist while riding your bicycle, we can help you. Come talk to us about your accident. Click here to schedule a free consultation, or call us anytime at (910) 762-2355.