Asheville Personal Injury Attorney
When you are hurt in an accident, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. Often, it takes time to realize the full extent of your injuries. The road to recovery can be long and arduous, full of physical and occupational therapy. The pain itself, especially continuous pain over a long period of time, can take a significant toll both physically and emotionally. Add to that, financial stress from piling medical bills and missed work can put undue strain on a family.
A Nagle & Associates, P.A., Asheville personal injury lawyer understand the devastating effects an accident can have on a person and their family. If you or someone you love has been injured due to the negligent acts of others, our dedicated Asheville personal injury attorneys can recover the damages you need. Call us today at (828) 225-5626 to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose Asheville’s Nagle & Associates, P.A.?
Over the years, Nagle & Associates, P.A. has cultivated a reputation as one of Asheville’s most successful personal injury firms.
- We have collected over $500 million for injury victims throughout North Carolina.
- We are hyper-focused on motor vehicle collision claims, giving us an edge over other firms who spread their resources between workers’ compensation, disability, premises liability, and other legal cases.
- At Nagle & Associates, P.A., we understand your questions and concerns are not 9-5, so we are not either. We have an after-hours answering service to assist you when you need it most.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney in Asheville?
North Carolina has seen a steady increase in motor vehicle-related deaths. In the last reporting year, 1,470 people were fatally injured in traffic accidents. Over 125,000 people sustained injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident due to a driver’s negligent or reckless actions, it is important for you to know your options.
Many accident victims believe the at-fault motorist’s insurance company will come to the rescue, doling out funds needed for medical bills and economic losses. However, insurance companies are in the business of profit. They will hold their bottom line above your needs and what you deserve for your injuries. An insurance adjuster is a trained negotiator whose motives center around minimizing any payout or finding grounds to deny your claim altogether.
Some tactics an insurance company might use include:
- Calling immediately after an accident and pressuring you to accept a settlement before you have a chance to evaluate all your injuries.
- Asking questions that may be harmful to your claim, including: “Were you hurt? Can you describe the accident? Did the weather play a role in the accident? Were you wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash?” If an insurance adjuster can put some of the blame for the accident on your shoulders, the company can significantly reduce your settlement or deny it.
- Persuading you to sign a general release.
- Insisting on a specific doctor for your injuries. Sometimes insurance companies have deals with certain doctors to keep costs low.
- Persuading you to allow them to record your conversation. An insurance adjuster will use your words against you if you give them the opportunity. It is okay to decline being recorded.
You are not required to speak with an insurance adjuster without representation. In fact, the experienced Asheville personal injury attorneys at Nagle & Associates, P.A. advise against answering potentially harmful questions without a knowledgeable lawyer in your corner.
When you are injured in an accident due to the careless acts of another, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries and pain and suffering. Call our personal injury attorneys today and even the playing field.