Wilmington Truck Accident
Drivers inevitably make mistakes, but there are some ways that drivers of passenger cars can avoid being involved in a deadly crash with a commercial truck, including:
- Be aware of a truck’s blind spots. All semi-trucks have sizeable blind spots in the rear and sides of the truck, so before attempting to pass a commercial truck, the driver of a passenger vehicle should make sure the truck driver can see him and knows that he intends to pass. Using a turn signal well in advance is one way to get a truck driver’s attention.
- Don’t abruptly change lanes. While cars can easily maneuver in traffic with little or no problems, the same is not true of large trucks. When a car swerves in and out of the lanes of traffic it might catch a truck driver off guard, causing them to react unpredictably and possibly lead to an accident.
- Allow room for trucks to turn. Semi-trucks make wide turns, so allow room for them to do so and avoid being squeezed up against a guardrail or another vehicle.
- Keep a safe following distance. Never tailgate a semi-truck. They have large blind spots and are not easily maneuvered, so if they don’t see you they might hit you.
- Stay calm. Getting stuck behind a semi passing another semi on a two-lane road can be frustrating, but overreacting and driving aggressively might result in a fatal accident.
Were you seriously injured in a crash involving a commercial truck in Wilmington? For effective representation in car-truck accidents, contact Nagle & Associates. Our lawyers focus on obtaining maximum compensation for clients. Contact us online or call (800) 411-1583 to schedule your free initial consultation today.