Wilmington Moped and Scooter Accident Attorney
Mopeds and scooters can be efficient alternatives to cars with so many vehicles on the roads – especially in congested urban areas. But the infrastructure of many cities was not built to handle the varied types of transportation that now regularly use it. Accidents often occur between mopeds or scooters and cars because the smaller vehicles can be harder for drivers to see. Although scooter accidents are on the rise as shared use programs come to cities across the state, moped accidents are still far more common. If you have suffered injuries in a moped or scooter accident, call the experienced attorneys at Nagle & Associates, P.A. by dialing (910) 762-2355.
According to the most recent annual statistics, the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) reported
- 867 moped crashes – resulting in 28 fatalities
- 59 motor scooter (or motorized bike) accidents – resulting in 4 fatalities
When mopeds or scooters come into contact with larger motor vehicles, it typically results in serious injuries to the moped or scooter rider. Nagle & Associates, P.A. has been representing persons injured on North Carolina’s roads for more than 20 years. Our Wilmington moped and scooter accident attorneys have helped clients recover millions of dollars for their injuries.
Why You Want Nagle & Associates, P.A. on Your Side
You want to work with a law firm that is trusted in the community and knows motor vehicle accidents in New Haven County.
- Our practice is focused – We only represent those seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident.
- Our clients come first – The better we know and understand how an accident has impacted the life of a client, the more successfully we can negotiate a settlement.
- Our fees are reasonable – Our fees are less than the industry standard and we don’t get paid until you do.
The Benefits of Hiring a Moped and Scooter Accident Attorney
Think of an attorney like your claim manager. An attorney can take all the pieces of your claim, organize everything, identify what is missing and what is needed, and then make the best argument as to why you should be compensated for your losses. An attorney has access to a network of other professionals that may have information helpful to your claim. An attorney will take over communicating with insurance companies, other attorneys, healthcare professionals, and anyone else involved. Having an attorney on your side is your assurance that your rights are protected and your best interests are represented.
Recent Moped Accidents in North Carolina
On average in North Carolina, there are more than 2 moped accidents every day. Not every accident involves another motor vehicle, but when they do the accidents tend to result in serious injuries for the moped rider. Some of the moped accidents that have occurred around the state during the first half of 2021 suggest that night driving on a moped is a more dangerous time to ride and not being seen by other motorists is a likely contributing factor.
- May 2021, a man driving a moped at night was injured when hit from behind by a motorist in an SUV.
- April 2021, a moped driver is sent to the hospital after crashing with a motor vehicle at night.
- March 2021, two people riding a moped late at night were killed by a hit-and-run motorist.
- March 2021, a moped driver riding at night is critically injured by a hit-and-run driver.
- January 2021, a man died after his moped was struck at night by a hit-and-run driver.
The circumstances under which many moped accidents occur indicate that those who ride mopeds when it’s dark need to be especially aware of motorists in the area and take extra precautions to make themselves as visible as possible. Helmets are required for riding mopeds and other protective clothing can make riders more easily seen and minimize injuries in an accident.
At Nagle & Associates, P.A., we know that moped and scooter riders are at a considerable disadvantage in accidents with motor vehicles and we support safe driving practices. If you are injured in a moped accident our Wilmington moped and scooter lawyers are prepared to show how the other motorist is at fault for the accident and help you recover the maximum compensation for your injuries. Learn how we can help by clicking here to schedule a free consultation or call our main office at (910) 762-2355.