Raleigh, NC Car Accident
Raleigh, North Carolina Car Accident Firm Focuses on Victims and Their Families
NCDOT records show that in 2015, 1,385 people were killed in crashes. That number grew to more than 1,400 in 2016. When you’re involved in a car accident, you are in danger of becoming a victim not once but twice – first in the collision and second at the hands of an insurance company that refuses to compensate you for your damages.
Automobile Insurance Law Raleigh NC
North Carolina law requires that motorists continuously maintain automobile liability coverage in the form of bodily injury and property damage:
- Bodily injury liability coverage will pay for damages to other people resulting from an accident caused by the policyholder or another covered driver. Expenses typically covered include medical bills, lost wages, disability, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, legal fees, settlements, and funeral expenses.
- Property damage liability coverage will cover damages to other people’s property as a result of an accident caused by the policyholder or another covered driver. Damages covered include repair or actual cash value of another person’s vehicle or other property and also legal expenses.
North Carolina’s minimum liability coverage amounts are:
- $30,000 bodily injury for each person.
- $60,000 total bodily injury for all persons involved in an accident.
- $25,000 property damage.
The law also requires those carrying the minimum bodily injury and property damage coverage to have uninsured motorist coverage, and those with policies greater than the minimum must retain combined uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Drivers can also choose to have supplementary coverage that provides payment for other accident related expenses, such as:
- Bail bonds.
- Premiums on appeal bonds and bonds to release attachments.
- Interest and costs after a judgment is entered.
- Loss of earnings due to attendance at hearings or trials at the insurance company’s request.
- Emergency first aid expenses incurred at an accident scene.
If you’ve been the victim of an auto accident in Raleigh and are looking for experienced representation, contact Nagle & Associates online or call (800) 411-1583 for a free case evaluation today.