North Carolina Accident Law Firm Experienced in Handling Car Accidents
The scene of an automobile accident is often extremely chaotic, but protecting your health, safety, and legal rights are extremely important. Those who are involved in car accidents in North Carolina should be aware of and follow a specific series of steps, which includes:
Stop in a safe place and if necessary, move your car to protect against further damage and avoid blocking traffic.
- Never flee the scene of an accident. Under North Carolina’s duty to stop laws, you are required to stop after being involved in any accident and to provide the other driver or pedestrian with reasonable assistance if they are injured. Those who fail to comply may be charged with either misdemeanor or felony hit and run, depending upon the severity of the accident.
- Call the police and report the accident, especially if there have been injuries or in the case of a hit and run.
- Exchange information with the other driver, including name, address, phone number, license plate number, driver’s license number, and insurance information, making sure that you record the name of the insurance company and policy number exactly as it appears on the other driver’s insurance card.
- If anyone witnessed the accident, obtain their names, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Report the accident to your insurance company, and if someone else is responsible for your damages, contact their insurance company as well.
- Seek medical treatment, even if you don’t think you’ve been injured.
Were you injured in an auto accident in Greensboro due to someone else’s negligence? If so, contact Nagle & Associates online or call (800) 411-1583 for skilled representation in car accident cases. We offer free case evaluations and will fight aggressively for the compensation you deserve.