Forsyth County Truck Accident
An accident involving a commercial truck can be much more catastrophic than an accident between two passenger cars since a fully loaded commercial truck can weigh at least 25 times more than a typical automobile. Because of the huge weight difference and basic laws of physics, most truck accidents with smaller vehicles result in devastating and even fatal injuries.
Those who were involved in accidents with large commercial trucks may be entitled to recover compensation for their injuries, which might include:
- Medical bills for hospitalization, rehabilitation, doctor appointments, and pain management.
- Lost wages for time away from work.
- Loss of earning capacity if their injuries are long-term or permanent.
- Loss of enjoyment of life because their quality of life has diminished due to their injuries.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress causing insomnia, panic attacks, and symptoms similar to post traumatic stress disorder.
Semi-truck operators must comply with a number of federal and state regulations, are typically required to carry insurance with higher limits than standard vehicle drivers, and parties other than the truck driver, including trucking companies, manufacturers, and the shipper of the goods, may share financial responsibility for an accident. For these reasons, plaintiffs in truck accident cases sometimes have a better chance of reaching an injury settlement that adequately covers their damages than a plaintiff in a standard car accident case, although the circumstances behind each accident are different and damage awards are impossible to predict.
Were you seriously injured in a collision with a truck in Forsyth County, North Carolina? Contact the experienced truck accident attorneys at Nagle & Associates, P.A. online or call (800) 411-1583 to schedule your free initial case evaluation today.